WANTED: Live Tapestry Sites
Howard Lewis Ship
2005-03-22 14:16:35 UTC
For several upcoming presentations, I have a real need for public
Tapestry sites.

I'm asking the community to help out here; I know of a couple, but I
think there are quite a few more.

Basically, I want a slide or two with a bunch of logos that I can put
at the end of my NFJS, OSCON and JavaOne presentations. TSS.com,
NFL.com, Tree Of Life are the only ones I have right now.
--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

and project work. http://howardlewisship.com

Erik Hatcher
2005-03-22 14:28:55 UTC
Two of mine are up:

http://www.lucenebook.com

http://www.rossettiarchive.org/rose

Also, Darden business school has a suite of Tapestry-based applications
that it sells to the top business schools. When I left, the systems I
worked on had been deployed at Chicago's Graduate School of Business
and at Darden itself. I suspect there are other deployments of the
Tapestry applications by now (MIT?). Jamie could provide more on that.

http://apply.darden.virginia.edu/admissions/app

http://gsb.uchicago.edu/apply/index.aspx

That last one is funny.... the front page is not Tapestry obviously,
but all the real links in the table of programs are to the Tapestry
application.

Erik
sales
2005-03-22 14:37:53 UTC
But do you mean you want "any" Tapestry site, or just big name /
corporate sites. It seems you want the latter if you just want logos.

I have a Tapestry site, but none of your audience will know it from a
bar of soap...

dd
Jordan Redner
2005-03-22 14:45:34 UTC
Shopping.com - Enrollmnet & Merchant Account Center applications.

Jordan

Christopher Yates
2005-03-22 14:44:14 UTC
Just do a search in google for "inurl:"app?service=Page" :

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=inurl%3A%22app%3Fservice%3DPage%22&btnG=Google+Search

-
Chris Yates
Stark County Information Technology
330-451-7432 x4405

Erik Hatcher
2005-03-22 14:53:32 UTC
Post by Christopher Yates
http://www.google.com/search?
hl=en&q=inurl%3A%22app%3Fservice%3DPage%22&btnG=Google+Search
That wouldn't find my apps :)

Erik

Shawn Church
2005-03-22 14:56:05 UTC
You can reference mine if you like, but since everything requires
authentication you won't be able to actually see very much:

http://sales.mcelroy.com

I personally never use "app" as an app name, so leaving that off should
yield additional search results. This might be useful too:

http://www.google.com/search?q=inurl:%22%3Fservice%3Dexternal%22

Shawn
-
Christopher Yates

Shawn Church

Francis Amanfo
2005-03-22 15:48:18 UTC
I think the changes made in 3.1 are so radical that 3.1 needs to be a 4.0
release to avoid confusions.

However, I do have one question. Why the tight integration of Hivemind IOC
in Tapestry 3.1? I've been doing my middle tier with Spring and have no
short term plans to switch. Why must I be bothered with Hivemind
configurations if I only need Tapestry soley for the presentation layer?
Or
am I missing something?

Erik Hatcher
2005-03-22 15:56:57 UTC
You won't be "bothered" by HiveMind configuration in Tapestry in normal
usage - you'll still use .application/.page/.jwc specification files
like you do in 3.0. Only when you need to extend Tapestry would you
configure those extensions with HiveMind.

Erik
Henri Dupre
2005-03-22 17:21:44 UTC
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:56:57 -0500, Erik Hatcher
Post by Erik Hatcher
You won't be "bothered" by HiveMind configuration in Tapestry in normal
usage - you'll still use .application/.page/.jwc specification files
like you do in 3.0. Only when you need to extend Tapestry would you
configure those extensions with HiveMind.
Erik
It seems to me that making a real world website always requires
extending the engine in 3.0... My bet is that you will have to deal
with HiveMind in 3.1. I also vote for 4.0 +1
Erik Hatcher
2005-03-22 17:46:17 UTC
You'll have to "deal" with it, sure. But you shouldn't be "bothered"
by it :)

Please trust that Howard has done an incredible job with the HiveMind
integration and Tapestry is far more extensible than ever before. And
you should not have to extend the engine (I don't think) to configure
services in 3.1/4.0. You'll use HiveMind configuration files to do
that instead of literally subclassing BaseEngine like is often done
now.

Erik
Massimo
2005-03-22 15:12:09 UTC
Post by Howard Lewis Ship
For several upcoming presentations, I have a real need for public
Tapestry sites.
I'm asking the community to help out here; I know of a couple, but I
think there are quite a few more.
Basically, I want a slide or two with a bunch of logos that I can put
at the end of my NFJS, OSCON and JavaOne presentations. TSS.com,
NFL.com, Tree Of Life are the only ones I have right now.
Don't want to bother but in a previous mail (24 Feb 2005) you talk
about NHL.com.
Just for clarity :)
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Stephen Robinson
2005-03-22 15:00:24 UTC
Here's mine...

http://www.eRequirements.com

It's my system to assist 'normal' business professionals in creating
business applications. The requirements engine is already built and
being used by my clients - in short order I'll be fleshing out the
public side with expanded usage - and an improved logo :) Hopefully,
soon, something that Tapestry can be proud of.

Best regards,

Steve
Joel Trunick
2005-03-22 15:39:27 UTC
That won't find:

http://www.smartprice.com/
http://www.accuwater.com/

We have some b2b ones as well.

Joel

2005-03-22 15:44:24 UTC
Chris' google search comes up with several 'accuwater' hits actually.

If you try to filter out exceptions "inurl:"app?service=Page -exception", it removes about 4k from the resultset. I'd also like to see the # of unique sites.
Post by Joel Trunick
http://www.smartprice.com/
http://www.accuwater.com/
We have some b2b ones as well.
Joel
Ciao,

Wayland Chan

Wayland Chan
2005-03-22 15:55:59 UTC
Post by Francis Amanfo
I think the changes made in 3.1 are so radical that 3.1 needs to be a 4.0
release to avoid confusions.
+1
Post by Francis Amanfo
However, I do have one question. Why the tight integration of Hivemind IOC
in Tapestry 3.1? I've been doing my middle tier with Spring and have no
short term plans to switch. Why must I be bothered with Hivemind
configurations if I only need Tapestry soley for the presentation layer?
Howard develops Hivemind which is basically a competing IOC container. Doesn't it make sense that you would eat your own dogfood (if you were Howard)? It shouldn't be such a big issue though because they already have the work done for you to access Spring managed beans from 3.1's Tapestry/Hivemind. There is already a write-up on getting 3.1 working with Spring on the Wiki.

I was a bit skeptical at first simply because IMO it's a bit bloated to be using 2 IOC containers in this manner. All the extra jars and in-memory stuff :(

Ciao,

Wayland Chan

Nanda Firdausi
2005-03-22 16:26:04 UTC
Many things in Hivemind can't be represented in Spring way (injected
configuration?) and so the reversible (factory creation isn't supported in
Hivemind) CMIIW.

Well, after reading Tapestry31 code, I understand the reason behind Hivemind
develpoment. And yes, Tapestry code is become simpler than before. If you
are Spring-minded, you probably still want to use Spring and it's not hard
but you miss the opportunity to extend Tapestry.

Spring and Hivemind are strong in theirs own way... Even Howard want to make
Tapestry compatible with Spring web flow. Jars will be bloated? I don't
think so, without Hivemind and with hivemind, jars in Tapestry is almost the
same.

Just my 2 cents,

Nanda Firdausi
David Solis
2005-03-22 16:01:37 UTC
Here are two with public access:
http://www.ixe.com.mx/rates/app
https://www.ixe.com.mx/registry/app

Unfortunately almost of applications are just for clients or for
employees (intanet).

Here is a portfolio:
http://members.cox.net/dsolis/tapestry/screenshoots/screenshots.html

Regards.

D.

Adam Saltiel
2005-03-22 16:21:57 UTC
Oops! Chris there is still a problem as now we get duplicate mail, one
from the originator and one from Tapestry Forum User.

Howard, I am aware of a couple of sites, but I expect you are wanting
those responsible to volunteer. Nevertheless, here they are if they
don’t and you want to make an approach.

The first is shopping.com and was developed by Jordan Redner. His email
is dated 04/03/2005 and he has added it to the wiki – but not success
stories as someone suggested :-)

The other is midentity (www.midentity.com <http://www.midentity.com/> )
where I think the tour is in the Tapestry framework, though no clues to
this!

Adam

For several upcoming presentations, I have a real need for public
Tapestry sites.

I'm asking the community to help out here; I know of a couple, but I
think there are quite a few more.

Basically, I want a slide or two with a bunch of logos that I can put
at the end of my NFJS, OSCON and JavaOne presentations. TSS.com,
NFL.com, Tree Of Life are the only ones I have right now.
--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

and project work. http://howardlewisship.com

Just type this in google: inurl:"app?service=Page"

Sent using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com) Read this topic online
here: http://www.tapestryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=188#188
Zachary Pinter
2005-03-22 16:42:02 UTC
Is there any way to give google a keyword for searching generator tags
instead of inurl? I suppose that could pull up some good results.
Perhaps it's in their API if it's not a keyword that can be used at
the main search window.
--
Zachary Pinter
***@absolutez.net

sales
2005-03-22 16:47:13 UTC
If you wish to use my little 'ol site as an example, you may. It's not
quite public yet (another week to go) but here is the current URL:

http://www.viewbuildings.com/panorama/app

It's my first Tapestry application (and actually my first web
application). It took me about two weeks to build from scratch without
knowing anything about webapps or Tapestry (apart from having read TIA).
So as far as I'm concerned that's a big credit to Tapestry - I've looked
at doing this before in JSP, etc and never had the stomach for it.

What is it? A detailed searchable photographic database of buildings of
architectural significance in England (plus their contents).

The project itself is far more ambitious than the web site ;-) but you
can use it as a "newbie does this with Tapestry" if you like.

dd
Jamie Orchard-Hays
2005-03-22 18:19:10 UTC
this is a cool site. I keep trying to click on the thumbnail images (hint,
hint)...

Jamie

sales
2005-03-22 18:30:55 UTC
You can.. They should display in a popup window (that is, for the
thumbs on the Details page).

I guess you mean the images on the Results page? Ok. I see what you mean.

Anyway, thanks Jamie for the compliment. Much appreciated!

dd
2005-03-22 19:01:05 UTC
How do I install the global properties
patch?

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/18219/DefaultComponentMessagesSource.patch

Erik Hatcher
2005-03-22 21:47:28 UTC
For the record - this is already part of the Tapestry 3.1 codebase.

Actually, this is one that makes sense to be in a 3.0.x release too if
Paul is up for applying it or if its not already there.

I'm going to stay in 3.1 land as long as it keeps on working for me,
and try not to go back.

Erik
Adam Saltiel
2005-03-23 09:48:42 UTC
It is a cool site. I found that the images are clickable, maybe altered
since Jamie looked?
dd I noticed an error. When I subscribe this is what I got: "Rutland Tue
Mar 29 04:33:27 EST 2005". You must mean BST, the clocks go forward this
weekend, or time local to the client, at the moment GMT in my case, but
should also be BST.
Adam
sales
2005-03-23 12:24:34 UTC
Thanks for the kind comment - and thanks for the bug report!

Thanks also to the many many people who have visited the site - I feel a
little more confident now after my joke-inducing "IPN and Tapestry
integration" post.

I have to say it's been interesting to see what others have done with
the framework too. I'd only seen one other Tapestry site besides TTS
until HLS posted his query.

dd
Paul Ferraro
2005-03-22 17:58:30 UTC
Here's the only public Tapestry site I manage:
Identity Theft 911, LLC (http://www.identitytheft911.com)

In case you are looking for a cheap way to boost your numbers, that same
web application drives a growing number of public partner sites:
Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union
(http://www.identitytheft911-lapfcu.com)
Community Bankers of Wisconsin (http://www.communitybankerswi.org)
Mountain America Credit Union (http://www.identitytheft911-macu.com)
Monterey Credit Union (http://www.identitytheft911-monterey.com)
Reed Business Information (http://www.identitytheft911-reed.com)
Robins Federal Credit Union (http://www.identitytheft911-rfcu.com)
New England Federal Credit Union (http://www.identitytheft911-nefcu.com)
Liberty Enterprises (http://www.libertyidtheft.com)
U.S. Marine Corps. (http://www.identitytheft911-usmc.com)
Identity Assistance (http://www.identityassistance.com)

Paul
Jamie Orchard-Hays
2005-03-22 18:12:09 UTC
Here's one for you:
http://admissions.chicagogsb.edu/admissions/app

This is Tapestry 3.0.x on JRun 4.0, JDX for db access, MS SQL server.

Jamie

Jamie Orchard-Hays
2005-03-22 18:13:46 UTC
And here's Darden's version of the same app:

Patrick Yip
2005-03-22 19:20:56 UTC
Howard,

I hope you'll find this list useful and interesting for your reference.
Tapestry Rocks!

// Gatorade Poland
http://www.gatorade.pl

// indoor/outdoor gears
http://www.pureaustin.com

www.homeownershelp.com

// crossword site
http://www.bestcrosswords.com

// mobile internet solution
http://www.webtiss.com

// Shetland Museum - Photo Archives
http://www.shetland-museum.org.uk/

// National Taiwan University Library Database
http://dbi.lib.ntu.edu.tw/libraryList/

// manufacturer of fitness equipment
http://www.funnctional.com

//family trip albums
http://www.247states.com

//resource conservation technologies
http://accuwater.com

http://www.eullearn.net/

//dating site in China
http://love.9618.com.cn

Patrick Yip
Director of Software Development
International Computer Graphics, Inc.
(626) 923-1133 ext.241
www.icg.com

Wayland Chan
2005-03-22 21:07:52 UTC
If you are using Eclipse you can do it from the Team menu (right click on class from Navigator or Package Explorer) and use the "Team->Apply Patch..." menu.

Olle Hallin

Enrico Donelli
2005-03-23 15:53:00 UTC
Post by Howard Lewis Ship
For several upcoming presentations, I have a real need for public
Tapestry sites.
I'm asking the community to help out here; I know of a couple, but I
think there are quite a few more.
Basically, I want a slide or two with a bunch of logos that I can put
at the end of my NFJS, OSCON and JavaOne presentations. TSS.com,
NFL.com, Tree Of Life are the only ones I have right now.
here is mine (in italian only, for the moment)
http://www.svibrescia.it

Bye
Enrico

Marko Srdanovic
2005-04-06 18:44:47 UTC
Hello Howard,

I'm just catching up on reading the Tapestry user group messages, so
this may be a bit late. We have an application called SigPath that was
originally written using JSP/Struts and is now in the process of being
converted to Tapestry. So in it's current state, SigPath is only
partially done using Tapestry. New application and feature development
for SigPath and other web applications within the Institute for
Computational Biomedicine will be done using Tapestry.

For more information, see the SigPath pages at http://www.sigpath.org/,
in particular, the current stable version of application itself at
http://icb.med.cornell.edu/services/sp-prod/sigpath/. You may also want
to take a look at http://icb.med.cornell.edu/ for an overview of other
ongoing projects within the group.

Thanks!
-- Marko

Marko Srdanovic
Software Engineer, Institute for Computational Biomedicine
http://icb.med.cornell.edu/
Lenny sorey
2005-04-07 00:41:04 UTC
Sorry for the late response on this request.

The following is a Tapestry site for a local auto dealer in Jackson,
Mississippi.

It also has a customized CMS platform (Slide) running as well so the
dealer can update each page
in the site.

Also, this site will soon have a banner advertising platform (Struts
based) as well

In addition, there is an xml exchange with a VIN decoding provider
that lists all the factory installed options on each vehicle, both
new and used.

Here's the platform:

J2sdk 1.4.2
Windows 2000 - No IIS
Apache 20.0.53 Http server
Tomcat 4.1.31
mod_jk
Tapestry 3.0
Hibernate
Firebird 1.5.0

The dealer is currently hosting his own site so it might seem a little slow
when accessing.

http://www.wilsondodge.com

Any constructive comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

Lenny Sorey

Lenny R. Sorey
FatDot.com
Javier Sanchez
2005-04-11 03:20:21 UTC
A Colombian site: http://www.sistemamatriculas.gov.co/app

This is a Tapestry + Hibernate + AspectJ + JBoss application for the
Ministry of Education in Colombia. This site will control
registration for public schools all around the country, starting on Q4
2005.

Javier Sanchez
CEO EDESA S.A.
Bogotá, Colombia